Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Here we go

Fall is back with a vengeance this week.  I mean that in the best of ways.  Our last week of summer was filled with fun and swimming and picnics and laziness but it was also filled with our fair share of quarrelling, disobedience, add in all that laziness and I think it was safe to say we were ready for routine again.

So here we go!  Our September is a little fuller than our summer months (but not too full I hope)  Andie started first grade this year.  It felt so great going to our first day of school knowing that we would be here through the year.  And she knew the school, some kids, etc. so she was just really excited to go. 




YAY!! Craig got to drop her off this year as well.  We were in different states because of all the moving stuff last year for her first day of school last year so it was fun having him with us this year.
We are a pretty discombobulated group....




How is she old enough to have a locker already I just don't know.


All smiles, no tears from either of us (I cried my eyes out last year).  She had a few butterflies but I told her I did too....we all get those.  She has come home every day saying it was her best day yet.  She loves music and art (my own personal nightmare subjects) and thinks her teacher is great.  The first day she told us all about Michelangelo and how he painted the Sistine chapel and then they drew under their desks to recreate how he would have been drawing on the ceiling.  She loved it.


And one of the other things going on this fall, Isaac is in his first organized sport.  He has done swimming lessons and ice skating but he is on a soccer team this fall with his dad as his coach. 

 He is the youngest on the team (most are already 5) but he gets right in there.  He comes home and just wants to kick the ball around in the driveway with daddy, I am not an acceptable replacement on this one.  Andie really wanted to play when she saw the shin guards because she thought they looked cool but when we got to the field and saw all the running and kids all smashed together around the ball she decided it was not a sport for her.  I agree....I never liked people touching me when I played sports either....so she may still be a swimmer!



Good one of the handsome coach and his son


This one was sitting on his ball all night like the big boys yelling "GO RAPIDS".  Think he wants to be just like his big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment