End of February brought my parents 40th anniversary. My parents chose a hotel with a waterpark and got us all rooms. First night my kids swam until they looked like this:
40 years for these two!
End of February in Sioux Falls and we expected cold....but we got a beautiful mid-50 degree day. So we went and climbed around at Falls Park. Always a fan favorite.
Oh how I love getting together with my siblings and their wives. Here my younger brother is showing the boys how climbing is done.
A Sanderson Family picture. We all look like we have been doing nothing but eating and swimming for 24 hours because that was the case.
And a favorite game. Take down papa. I think my younger brother may be on the bottom?!?! I don't know...whenever wrestling starts I slowly walk away and just snap pictures.
March brought a few days off of school. Some ups and downs with weather. And a few hikes at one of our favorite parks before it closes for 5 months due to some construction on the road for the only entrance. We were Carpe dieming this Monday after Easter in the 60s/70s. Now...my mission....if I choose to accept it: Find a new park with a creek for my kids to play in the this summer. THEY may self-destruct after a few weeks without this gem for creek jumping.
What they actually looked like when sitting on the bench.
What they looked like when I told them to please hold each others hands for a minute so mom could get a cute shot.
There it is. The creek. I did find a back way into the park. It might involve a little bit of trespassing but then we would have the park to ourselves. Worth it?
And April brought lots of cake and kids getting older in our house. First up. This one turned 7. A few weeks before his birthday I asked him what he would like to do.....we could do a party, we could invite friends, etc. He said, "I would like McDonalds and to go fishing and go watch Kung Fu Panda 3 in the cheap theatre as a family." Done.
"Look mom, I am using mud like Bear Grylls for sunscreen." Awesome.
Andie's birthday weekend brought a few unexpected hours for my favorite 9 year old and I to have a little date.....on rollerblades.
And of course some cake.
This last week has been pretty awesome around here. Caleb and I do a few chores around the house in the morning and then we get outside. Monday we went and checked my favorite morel spot....which I call "Old Faithful". I was looking and looking and then Caleb said "is this one mom?" Yep. Once you see them then it is like your eyes can start to see them easier and we found 8!! I don't call him Eagle Eyes for nothing!
And everything scheduled is pretty much ending and baseball is starting up. Isaac has quite a bit of baseball fever these days. He is ready to play catch or hit all the time. I play for a bit and then he waits for Craig to get home while I make dinner.
So that is the Sanderson Spring Highlight Reel!
No comments:
Post a Comment