I've been very consumed with selling our home lately and moving to MN. Craig begins work next week and so I have been anxious about staying here with the children while he works in Minnesota throughout the week. My mom (yes I was listening mom!) said she felt that I have been missing out on being "in the moment" with my children lately. Usually this is not a problem for me. I am very much a quality time type of person and bestowing quality time on my children is just how I show them that I love them.
But not lately....
Lately, I have been distracted. Both physically and emotionally from the people I love the most. I have been busy cleaning the house and researching the area we are moving to. And emotionally I have been going through all types of scenarios about how our house will sell, how we will find a home up there, when and at what school will Andie start her big Kindegarten year in.
WHEW!! I am exhausted just writing about it. So I need to let it all go. Give up all my anxieties and all my worries to the Lord. He knows all of it. They have taken over the parts of my brain and heart that have let me to be in the moment with my kids.
So here are some pictures of my blessings, of what really matters. If I continue down this path I have been on I will miss weeks or (GULP) MONTHS of their lives by my distracted heart and mind. I can't get that time back. The next days, weeks and months are gifts to be spent enjoying my children, not being so distracted that I miss this time.
Caleb (9 months) and Andie (5 years). Andie has such a tender heart that if she hears Caleb crying in the morning and I can't quite get to him in time she will run to his room, jump in his bed, and play music on the turtle behind him and sing to him. She is the best big sister. Caleb and Andie a few mornings where they sit in his crib and have song and laughter time.
Andie and Isaac (3 years) out in the street in the rain. It had been so HOT here the past week and we had been out in the yard swimming in the pool when a rain shower came up suddenly. I LOVE how kids dash OUT into the rain instead of INTO the house. They played in the street for 15 minutes just soaking up the warm rain on their skin.
Andie and Isaac LOVE to sit in our tree in the front yard. They asked me if we could move it to Minnesota with us. This picture was taken during a 30 minute sit in the tree. They don't do much but they sure enjoy it!!
Sarah, I love your honesty! Its hard for many of us to stay in the moment and not get distracted by the worries of everyday life. I love 1 Peter 5:7 and repeat it to myself often, "Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you!"
ReplyDeleteI love the tree picture! We have a tree just like that in our yard that our boys love to sit in too! Check this out from last year 4th of July, lots of pictures of them sitting in the tree.
http://lovinglifewithourboys.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-4th-of-july.html
Your kids look like they love life and have so much fun!