Monday, October 22, 2012

It's the Final COUNTDOWN

Until we move.  Oh how poignant that it is fall and seasons are a changing because it certainly feels like seasons are changing for us as well.  We are super excited to be heading up to Minnesota and all living under one roof again but we are also struggling with leaving this "season" of life behind as well.  Ankeny and the people here have had such an influence on our lives and who we are today that I cannot even imagine saying goodbye (even though it is going to happen in about 10 days).  Well, not goodbye, more like "I'll see you when I see you" (a saying a very dear neighbor of ours used to say often before passing away this spring). 

So this past weekend Andie brought "Benny the Bee" home to hang out with us.  Every person in her class gets to take Benny home for a weekend and then they write about what they did with Benny.  This was perfect timing for us!!  We are not great at taking a lot of pictures or journaling so it was great that we "had" to this weekend and now we have it all down for memories sake as one of our final weekends in Iowa. 

Here it is:

We first brought Benny home to homemade granola bars.  My kids did NOT like these the first time I made them (I don't think they were used to having food sweetened with honey and applesauce instead of sugar) but now they LOVE them.  It was a rainy day and what better way to entertain ourselves than by eating a bunch of healthy bars and coloring on our deck doors with window crayons (now that the house has sold and I don't have to keep it as sparkling clean!)


Later the Smith's came over for dinner.  Heidi has been such a blessing to me, and especially lately, where we have both been "holding down the home front" a little bit more....she has really been there to encourage me.  We have been doing dinners together almost weekly as our husbands are both working very hard at the moment away from the home.  I think God knew we would need each other during this time.  Anyway, her kids are GREAT!! They are fun and a little crazy and my kids just love them.  Here they are looking pretty tame at dinner
 
So onto Saturday morning, time to rake the leaves!!  We have a huge, beautiful maple tree in our front yard so raking the leaves and jumping into the piles has become a fall tradition.  This year Craig added the mini-trampoline for more fun and to give Mom a mini-heart attack with Caleb on it!


Ahh yes, and then packing meant getting our sleds out to get ready to load (so we wouldn't forget them in the attic of the garage)  No SNOW....NO PROBLEM!!
Later, a walk in the woods on one of our favorite trails at Saylorville
 If there is a tree, they will climb it....


 Isaac "skipping rocks" He is starting to get one skip down but most just "kerplunk"

 Andie....collecting and washing shells


Love my little adventurers.

So I am incredibly sad to be leaving Iowa but know that God is doing immeasurable more than all we could ask or imagine and I have enjoyed our season here!!  Thanking God for all in Iowa who have become such a huge part of our lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment