Enjoy:
So I can still hear that song as it played on my parents tv in their bedroom every night for some promo for the news. I must have been early elementary and I still sing that song in my head in the lazy days of summer. It reminds me of how magical summer feels as a kid. No responsibilities, lazy days spread out before you......my parents didn't try to make summer magical for me....no fancy Pinterest activities or summer camps......summer just is that way as a kid. It helps me remember to just let the kids be and not to try to always orchestrate fun.....summer is just fun on its own and that reminder takes the pressure off of me to make it fun. One day we may sit in our pjs for a few hours, then leisurely make our way to the park. Another day we may stay at the pool until we drop.....forgoing nap time (and all other scheduled items) for the day. When I sing that song it reminds me that I don't have to organize a magical summer for my kids, part of the reason summer is so awesome is the lack of organization in general I think. Love it. And also....The Cars. What a great band. When I was a kid I totally could not figure out that whole walking on water part of the video...but I digress.
So I am not only sharing with you the soundtrack of our summer but also a few recent pics of summer around here.
What is summer without trying a new art project. We have tried a few: sidewalk paint made with flour and food coloring was a big hit. Here we are tye-dying with kool-aid. Andie and I are doing a Mud run this weekend and when I asked her what kind t-shirt she wanted she immediately said "Tye dye!!"
Summer and tye-dye shirts...love it
Our common place and food for snack....yogurt and fruit on the shaded part of the driveway.
And our favorite swimming place!! We enjoyed this place today. Not a cloud in the sky. We were able to take one of Caleb's friends with us as well today so that was fun!
Yes- he loves his squirt guns!!
Lunch time for the crew!
This is Caleb the whole time in the water. Can you say proud mama....look at that awesome streamline form. He's got to get his head down a bit but he is already hand over hand and squeezing his ears together. My main concern when we go swimming is watching this daredevil and making sure that he does not swim (yes he can do a rudimentary stroke already) to where he can't touch. I think I know what sport he will be in!!
My favorite 5-year old....enjoying some time in the sun!!
So, courtesy of The Cars:
Summer, it turns me upside down
Summer, summer, summer
It's like a merry-go-round
Summer, summer, summer
It's like a merry-go-round
(Uh oh, it's magic)
Uh oh, when I'm with you
(Uh oh, it's magic)
Uh oh, it's magic
Uh oh, when I'm with you
(Uh oh, it's magic)
Uh oh, it's magic
No comments:
Post a Comment