Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Can horses go down waterslides?

Wow...random title right.  Random title for my random thankful post.  A continuation of all that I am thankful for (when I remember to record them!)  Writing them down has been so so good for me.  It makes me slow down and see what the Lord is doing in my life.  Not just blow by it and feel like I somehow "deserve" these things but they are truly blessings from Him.  Most of these are from the month of September and as I look at my list I realize that they really fit into a few categories.

School:

126.  A compassionate helper at Isaac's school.  Day 2, Isaac flipped a switch and threw a Mach 10 fit in the school.  I guess they have one or two each year.  Screaming, yelling, the whole bit.  It dawned on him that "school" is not just a one day occurrance I think.  Anyway.  A counselor worked on calming him down, came and talked to me (while I was crying around the corner, listening).  She called me 20 minutes later to let me know he had calmed down and went into his classroom.  She texted me a picture of him 40 minutes later (which meant she went back into his classroom to check on him) and texted me a "He is doing great" text in the afternoon.  I was beyond impressed with the amount of time she spent reassuring me that he was fine....which of course he was.

127.  We started praying for a friend for Isaac over the summer.  I knew this would help the transition from all day at home to all day at school.  He met a boy named Caleb.  Who's mom's name is Sarah.  They are believers that go to another church in town.  His mom has already invited us all out for a playdate and for us to get to know each other.  God answered this prayer above and beyond my expectations.

128.  Andie's teacher.  She is a nature lover, as is my daughter.  Andie has blossomed this year and is just absorbing so much!

129.  Isaac starting to LOVE school beyond my expectations:  Kid time (basically play time with one or two others with blocks, playdoh, house, etc) Art, music, gym, writing, reading.  We still struggle one or two mornings a week because Isaac is not a morning person but he has really been learning and loving to learn so much.  I had the misconception that he might be "bored" as I have often heard people say when their kindergartner goes in reading.  I am very thrilled that this is definitely not the case and he is definitely challenged in school.

130.  2 moms from school who do not know the Lord have been really starting to ask questions and seem to have a heart that is seeking and open.

Caleb, my baby, had his 3rd birthday yesterday so I wrote a few things I am thankful for about him:

131.  Funny things he says and asks:  Example:  The title of this post.  The most off the wall questions come out of his mouth.  Last night at bedtimes was:  Can horses go down waterslides?  Get that image in your brain.

132.  Giggles.  Oh how this one loves to giggle.  Over silly things he says, being tickled, being silly.  The giggles come easily for Caleb.  You are just a happy go lucky kid most of the time.

133.  I am choosing to see this as a blessing, knowing that it is because of his inquisitive nature:  YOU ARE BUSY AND INTO EVERYTHING!!  A challenge some days  as we caught you painting your private parts with nail polish the other night and I have had to call poison control once or twice about things but you are inquisitive by nature and keep me on my toes and I don't know what I would do without you.  I just get really nervous when the house gets quiet with you around.

134.  You have really seemed grown up lately with being potty trained and riding your bike.

135.  But you still want to be held and cuddled - your love language sure seems to be physical touch and that is not like your siblings or your mother.  You have stretched me to just let you lay your cheek on mine and hold it there until your ready to pull away.  You beg often "hold me mommy, cuddle me".  So thankful when I get over doing my to do list and just stop and sit and cuddle with you.

136.  You are excited for music whether it is singing "bless the Lord oh my soul" or "being a denear near (guitar) man" on your new guitar.

137.  My health (normally).  This month has brought a few challenges to my health, ear infections, ear canal swelling, inner ear infections, colds, etc.  It has made me thankful that these right now are fleeting and normally I do not have  chronic pain.

138.  Running.  Without being able to do much of it I am super thankful to get back out there.  Half marathon in two weeks?  Maybe not after all the illness this month....it really put my training on hold, but I am thankful that I can be running again.

139.  A few days in which Caleb napped/friend inviting him over for awhile one morning and I could play catch up after being sick for so long with house work.

No comments:

Post a Comment