Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Good stuff

The list continues.  I have noticed the more I write down the more I notice during my day.  The more I notice God's hand in my life the more I write down.  Kind of the point of the whole book I guess (1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp).  And there is a lot of good stuff in a day.  Between all the laundry, sweeping, meal preparation, sibling fighting, spilling milk......there are many many moments that make an ordinary day pretty amazing when you stop and look at it.  Here are a few of ours today:

158.  Andie's giggles as she tells me stories about the day while I lay with her before bed.  Silly things a boy said, books she has been reading, her schools "pep rally"

159.  Her prayer tonight as we lay there - "Thank you for the day, Lord I am sorry for my selfish behavior sometimes... help me be more grateful and loving"  So I should be praying this prayer every night.  God - Ditto to my 7 year olds prayer tonight.  


160.  A big snow pile and fresh snow on our street.
161.  Isaac - being the outdoorsy, athletic boy he is, working on "snow boarding" down our big hill (on his sled).  Over and over and over again.  Wipe out after wipe out with a few good "rides" mixed in.  I also taught him how to say "that was sick!" when he had a good ride.  Which I am super proud of.  I have so often, in the past, wanted to pull my hair out when Isaac was being stubborn but I am starting to see how this part of his personality can be channeled positively.   It is times like tonight when I see how his tenacity can be such a good thing.



162.  Caleb's smile - need I say more than this picture.  I mean for real.  If you don't smile just looking at his smile I don't know if I can help you.  I can hear the laughter almost coming out of the photograph in this one.


163.  Putting down all distractions today and just sitting on the floor and playing with Caleb for an hour today.....Cars and legos.  There were a few times I felt myself going a little looney but I am so glad for a distraction free playtime with my youngest today.  No Ipad, no laundry, no nothing.  It doesn't happen as often as it should.

164.  Frozen waterfalls.  We have been frequenting the state park near us to keep gawking at the changing state of the frozen waterfall.  Always looks different but also kind of the same.



165.  Having a few nice weekends to hike as a family

166.  My dad - for taking these great shots but also for stopping in and hanging out with us and playing with the kids before heading up to see my Grandma.  I am glad we live closer and get to see you a little more often Dad.

That was some of our good stuff today!

No comments:

Post a Comment