Friday, July 10, 2015

A Nebraskan 4th

Day 35:  Thursday, July 2nd.  This year was the third year we celebrated the 4th in Nebraska.  Nebraska is pretty fun on the 4th of July.  They sure know how to do fireworks and this year was no exception.  We had a five hour drive from our hotel in Colorado so we pulled into the "Sanderson Lakeside B&B" mid-afternoon.  The boys didn't waste any time getting in:


Andie is 8 now.  She has enjoyed a little more freedom that comes with 8.  For the most part, she is a very responsible child so I have slowly been giving her a  little more freedom.  This year, she was able to kayak solo.  And that is what she wanted to do.



Day 36:  Friday, July 3rd.  It was a little more overcast and cool this day so we made good use of the cooler weather and still enjoyed our time on the lake.  Craig and Isaac love (and by love I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE) to fish and can do it for hours....literally.  It was fun to see them have new fishing buddies as Andie, Caleb, Shane and Maddy (cousins) would join them in the fishing.  Craig and Isaac kept fishing on and off most of the day.  Andie took another spin on the kayak.  And we all took turns going for walks, canoeing, fishing, etc.





Day 37:  Saturday, July 4th!  Dawned a little warmer and sunnier.  First order of business:  Some fishing.


But then it started to heat up enough to do a whole lot of this:








At one point in the day the kids all put themselves down for a nap.  Andie first, then Isaac, then Caleb.  I couldn't believe it.  They all came up to me and said (individually):  "I'm tired, I'm going to go nap".  We had been staying up later and getting up early for the last week and I think it all caught up with them.  So awesome that they recognize when they need a nap now.  After nap, I snapped this shot of Andie reading Isaac some poetry (her favorite).


Then it was time for a little Sanderson Firecracker display.  Caleb isn't too excited about fireworks yet but earphones and a comforting lap helped:



All the cousins enjoying some sparklers and staying up late to watch the fireworks rounded out the evening.  Overall, it was just a fun year to spend time with family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment