Sunday, July 19, 2015

Some Like it HOT!

Day 45:  Sunday, July 12th.

I am sort of a season girl.  I like it all.  I like the week (only a week and then I get sick of it) in the winter when you have to hibernate and build fires and read books all the time, I like ice-skating season, spring time hikes and playtime at the park and of course fall hiking and orchard time.  But in the summer:

I like it HOT.  I don't love it for weeks on end but I like a few weeks in the summer to be blazing hot.  The kind that you HAVE to be at the pool in order to be outdoors.  This week was that week around here....reaching into the upper 80s and lower 90s most days.  And I loved it.  Towels were hung out on my deck everyday.  Skin was drenched with sun, water and sand.  We ate the majority of our lunches parked on sandy towels next to some sort of watering hole and it was awesome.  Sunday we visited our favorite watering hole at Flandrau State Park:




Day 46:  Monday, July 13th.  Kids asked and asked to come back to Flandrau so since Andie's horse lessons are about 10 miles from here we decided for a 3 and half hour beach time after horse lessons.  It was a good place to spend the day.  Temperatures hot enough I even fully submerged most of the time which is unheard of.






But Monday night baseball was a scorcher.....I heard 3 people (I am not exaggerating) say "well, its not as bad as yesterday" as we were all sitting in 90+ degree heat.  Minnesotans are so funny about the weather....they also seem to say something positive, even if it is -40 degrees they will say "could be worse!"  Which is completely true.....

Day 47:  Tuesday, July 14th.  They gave out free pop tickets at the baseball game Monday night so the kids and I took a bike ride to the local gas station to redeem and then to a nearby park to enjoy.  Temperatures were already getting pretty warm at this time.....


Day 48:  Wednesday, July 15th.  Yep....This is what 4 days of hard swimming in a row will do to a 3 year old:


Isaac's last night of baseball.  Was such a great night, sitting out watching all the fields of boys playing baseball at different ages....felt so .....American.....


Day 49:  Thursday, July 16th.  Finally!  Some cooler, rainy weather.  We did a whole lot of fort building.


Then off to the library to redeem some summer reading sheets for prizes.  The kids all picked out ear buds as prizes.  I think they are supposed to be for some sort of i-technology that we do not have.  (ipod maybe?)  Anyway, I do have a discman from the 90s so the kids were having fun putting in CDs and jamming out listening with their new ear buds.  

Day 51:  Saturday, July 18th.  Saturday was a wonderful day at my cousin's wedding in a town close to here.  My dad took quite a few pictures but all we have is this one Andie snapped of us.  I come from a big family and it was fun (and loud) getting together with all of them.


So the forecast still looks pretty warm for the next week.  Full time summer around here! Before we know it we will be making fires and reading books, unable to go outside so we are trying to soak up all the sun and water and sand we can get right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment