Saturday, November 7, 2015

Outdoor Junkies

The hubs and I were talking the other night.  "Which of our kids do you think will be the outdoor junkie?" he asks.

"Whatever do you mean by that" I reply back too innocently.

With a smirk he says, "You know what I mean."

Ok.....before you all I will admit....guilty as charged.  I can't get enough of the outside.  It seems simple enough to me.  In or out....out.  Walk or drive....walk.  Adventure or not....adventure.  On the trail or Off the trail....off.

So here's thinking that ALL of our children will be outdoor junkies to some extent:

What better way to explore your state than to check out new state parks within a short drive:


Adventure is that way!




Or drink a cold root beer:




Or try your hand at an old fashioned apple press:



Or see the fall colors on top of a hill:

Or on your way down:



Spending time to just play "pooh sticks"


Testing out your balance:



Or meeting Papa and Nana for some hiking and some lunch.....





Spending some more time exploring new state parks:

Perching high:


And jumping low:


Wondering if you will make it to the rock:



And finding a nice perch to think about life for a bit:


Hay rack riding and

Pumpkin picking:



So there could be worse things my kids could be than Outdoor Junkies like myself.  We chose to live a lot of October outside this year and definitely got our fall "fix".  Here's to hoping fall continues just a little longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment