Monday, July 11, 2016

Phase 2

I think my hubs is funny.  He gets me to belly laugh and I thoroughly enjoy his way of looking at the world and life situations.  Like the summer phases.  He came home the other day to a messier house, kids eating ice cream and probably getting ready to do something on the Ipad and he just looked at me and said.....PHASE 2!!

So Phase 1:  Roughly our first third of summer.  The "we are going to do everything today I am so glad you are home and we are going to bike, and go to the park, and swim and hike and do chores and play piano and think of creative science projects see isn't this so fun"

Phase 2:  hits right around the 4th of July.  I still love love love having the kids at home but now we are all about relaxing in phase 2.  Mandatory housework is accomplished but house is not clean.  We mosy on over to the park around lunch.  Get the to the swimming pool when we feel like it and do a lot of the following:

Day 33:  Get out all our underwear and wear it on our heads.  Phase 2


Day 34:  Take impromtu hikes to the state park because I wanted to see the rushing falls with all the heavy rain we have had.  Started this hike at lunch time and forgot to pack a lunch.  Phase 2





 Day 35

Stopped showering before the kids wake up and drink coffee in our pajamas and then put on a cartoon while I shower.  Phase 2.


The big, creative project for the week was buying a new box of sidewalk chalk and drinking ice tea while they colored.  Phase 2.

Taking the kiddos up to the baseball diamond at the school and telling them it's time to learn how to play like the sandlot kids (they pitch to each other) mom is phased out of pitching for a bit.  Phase 2.




Day 37

Getting some sweet toe nail polish without lifting a finger.  Phase 2.


Sitting on the couch while the others recreate Battle Tickle Bots.  Phase 2.


Day 38:

Having an amazing, wonderful, laidback, summer day at the pool with nothing on the agenda.  Phase 2.










So its not that I am lazy, I just relax into summer a bit more and we all enjoy the easy pace of life for awhile.  Until phase 3 hits sometime in mid August I will enjoy these laidback days of summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment