I was looking at pinterest the other day (or "pinteresting" - yes I lovingly put it in verb format) when I came across this activity to do with your kids. Well, we thought it would be great as a family affair today since it is the last day of 2012. Many of the answers are cliche, some are funny but all reflect a little about each person and where they are at in life at the end of 2012. Most of Caleb's answers we answered for him....
A year in review: 2012
Names and ages
Craig - 34
Sarah - 33
Andie - 5
Isaac - 3
Caleb - 1
Favorite things to:
Do:
C - Play outside
S - Hike, bike, and swim
A - Play outside in the snow and eat snow
I - Play outside in the snow and eat snow (where did he get this idea from...hmm?)
C - ditto
Eat:
C - Dino's pizza (cute pizza shop we tried here) and Culvers
S - Homemade fried tacos!
A - Mommy's homemade mac and cheese
I - Mommy's homemade chicken noodle soup
C - cheese
Wear
C - cargo pants that can zip off into shorts
S - SWEATS!!
A - skirt with leggings and tshirt
I - Sparkling clothes (hmmmm....he doesn't actually own sparkling clothes so I don't know where this answer came from)
C- footsie pjs
Read
C - First response - does it have a movie version?
then he went on to say the Bible and Mulberry street book to kids by Dr. Suess
S - Historical fiction - yes please!
A - Go Dog Go to Isaac
I - Green Eggs and Ham
C - Anything with animals in it
Watch:
C - Duck Dynasty
S - Duck Dynasty - don't knock it until you've watched it!
A - Brave at the Movies
I - Kung Fu Panda
C- my brother and sister
Listen to:
C - Kids laughing
S - Caleb "talking" and starting to say words
A - "Barbie Girl" song. I still have the CD from High school - OH YEAH!
I - Kung Fu Fighting song
C - any music is fine by me
Things I loved about this year
C - seeing friends get baptised, change of a job
S - Moving and exploring a new town, Becoming closer as a family, seeing my extended family more often
A - Throwing snowballs at Daddy's booty (I love this girl!)
I - Doing silly things, living with Papa and Nana for awhile
C- sleeping through the night (ok so maybe this is what we love about this year too!), walking
Things I am thankful for:
C - Good health, family, Sarah being supportive, patient and laughing at my humor, all being under one roof, Job that provides, 3 children that love to play together
S- Our home, Provision of Craig's job, our family being closer after this year of struggles and trials
A - My mommy (I swear I didn't help here!!)
I - My mommy
C - Well - Caleb is the most attached so we will continue the theme so I will just say ditto
Things I want to do next year
C- Family vacation, more authentic relationship with God, Date my wife more
S - Family vacation, Find/pray about a place to serve our new community and/or our new church, spend more "time in" as a family (less distractions) - this last one is actually a part of a new years resolution of sorts but may get to that some other blog
A - April - have a B-day party with friends from school, take blankets in our playset outside with Isaac and set up a fort
I - Cuddle with mommy and Daddy
C- try to keep up with my brother and sister!!
It has been a great year and Lord willing we are looking forward to 2013!!
No comments:
Post a Comment