Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Our New Stomping Ground

Oh yes....we have made it.  We had a few stumbles along the way and a few roadblocks but we are all in Minnesota, under one roof again and it feels pretty awesome!!  Now....I am not a person for change.  I encouraged Craig to explore this job opportunity but mentally I have been kicking and screaming a little bit along the way.  But I definitely learned something through this....and it is FAR better to all be together (even when we are unsure of our new place, city, etc) than separated.   I was far more comfortable in our old city, at our former church, with our former school system than I am right now but our family makes sense again so I know it is all worth it.  Ok....so here are some pics I have taken this last week and a half of our new house and us exploring our new stomping grounds....here goes....

The first pictures show us at the Children's Museum.  I was a little skeptical because it is a "temporary" location while the real one is being built but I have to say this place is awesome.  We were here for 2 hours and I literally almost had to drag my two oldest out (because Caleb needed a nap at that time).  We will definitely be hitting this place up weekly...thanks for the season pass Mom and Dad!!
 Caleb in the treehouse....it was very Swiss Family Robinson esq.....with pulleys and what not to retrieve items and pass messages on. 

 Best. Quilt. Ever.    Played here for 30 min.  Great idea!! Now I want to learn how to quilt...then again, maybe I will just drive 10 min and have them play on this quilt (sounds a little easier)


Getting messy.....
And messier.....(in the "rock quarry")

And now to the house.....Here it is!  First project (even before all the boxes were unpacked) was to put on our own "stamp" on the house.  We have a great little somewhat finished space under the steps so it has become the kid's "clubhouse"  What better way to feel like this is our house than to do a little painting right away....albeit a little unconventional painting.  I really wanted their cute little handprints too so those went up right away...even though I had to wrestle a bit with Caleb to get his....




Now some more pics from the house...Kitchen...Love that I have an open kitchen/dining room in this house....now I feel like I am part of the action when I am in there....



 
A crooked picture of our living room. You can see the hallway and kitchen behind it. Directly behind the fireplace is our formal dining room and since we Sandersons are not too formal it has become our....
Playroom.  The little peakthrough in the wall looks through to the kitchen which is pretty awesome when I am cooking dinner.

 Back

  

Messy basement with our other fireplace....

And a picture I couldn't help but post.  So cute just looking at their books.

So, we love the house, the street, and all being together again.  I have a hard time with not knowing anyone or anywhere or anything but I know that will happen in time.  The waiting until that happens is challenging right now but our family is coming together and really relying on each other more since we do not know anyone else in the area and that has been really neat to see. 

So the Sanderson House is open.....can't wait to have some visitors! (hint hint!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment