I am feeling very, overwhelmingly blessed these days. So much so that even though I continue to struggle a little with our move to a new community and feeling like "home" in our neighborhood and as we look for churches, God has CONTINUALLY encouraged me and I can't help but stop and say THANK YOU LORD!! Here are just a few of the ways I have felt completely humbled by how God has shown His love for me....
1. Andie has been LOVING school. This is new to the new school. I don't know if at our old school she was just transitioning, we were constantly cleaning, daddy wasn't home at night....I don't know what it was but she had a hard time going to school in the morning. She has been literally skipping to school now. What an answer to prayer!!
2. Her new school. They have been truly amazing. Right now they are just getting the kindegarten kids back from singing for the senior citizens community down the street. I love that they are interested in LOTS of ways to serve the community between the concerts, clothing drives, etc. they are just a school that has a great perspective on teaching kids the importance of learning but also serving others.
3. Being in the same town as Craig's job. He came to Andie's school concert and he could run back to work. We just took him out to lunch. He is home almost a full hour earlier and goes to work about 45 minutes later in the morning. LOVE LOVE LOVE it
4. New friends.....our entire block is retired couples and it is completely wonderful but can feel a little lonely at times. The other day I met the other mother with kids (all the same ages as mine) on this block and man it is just so nice to find a little community when you least expect it....God really puts people in your life at JUST the right time.
5. Old Friends....and by old I mean long standing. I love getting messages, phone calls and emails from you ladies :) I love how I can talk with some of you like we still see each other often....we just are able to pick up where we left off!!
6. Bible studies. Love that I can go to a completely new town, new bible study, new woman but we are talking about how we can worship the Same God and be better at following Him.
7. A real wood burning fire place....nothing cozier than a real fire on a chilly night...thanks Craig for making it happen
8. SNOW!! YAY!! If it's going to be cold...I'm glad we have snow!
9. Pinterest :) There is very little chance I would have done a collage wall if it hadn't been for pinterest and I think it looks pretty good!! (for someone who has very little artitistic ability or creativity)
10. Christmas. What a great time to stop, reflect, and really look at the reason for the season. I am a very different person today than I was six years ago when I accepted Jesus as my Savior. I know some people are skeptical or may scoff at that but I am sure of this....there was an emptiness in my heart that could not be filled and now it is. Thank you Jesus for coming to this earth for a sinner like me!
Merry Christmas!!
So happy for you, Sarah! I miss you like crazy, but am so happy to hear how God is richly blessing your family! Your perseverance has paid off! Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteLove that gallery wall...I'm so proud of you. Miss you guys and thankful for your blog so we can still stay caught up.
ReplyDelete