So...I am totally stealing the title of this post from another blog I read (Sarah C. LOVE your blog btw...need to put on favorites!) I don't feel completely bad because I think she stole it from someone else as well....but the title got me thinking about a New Years GOAL I have for myself and that is to be more engaged in the here and now. I am a person that struggles with this. I often look ahead to the next day, event, vacation, the list goes on instead of engaging 100% in the here and now. The issue really is contentedness. Being content where I am, in the stage of life I am in, where God has me RIGHT now, instead of always looking to the next step. It is stopping to enjoy the step I am on right now. In high school I was excited for college, in college....being on my own, instead of dating I wanted to be engaged/married. After we were married I started to plan when the right time for kids would be. Now we have three young kids and I DO NOT want to catch myself not engaging fully in the here and now...I have heard plenty and already can see how fast this time goes.
I am sure a lot of stay at home moms can agree that much of what we do in our day is mundane and ordinary but add it all together and it can be and feel so extraordinary....which is why I have been completely trying to be checked in to each "ordinary" day. So as I look at an "ordinary" day around here I can see all the extraordinary-ness of our lives.
Andie is reading to Caleb....It is a good situation for all of us. Caleb cannot get enough books read to him and Andie has learned to read this past year and loves to be the "mother hen" and read to him.
Andie being silly...these pictures are so fitting because it is EARLY and these two are up and ready to play and Isaac is still in bed!!
Here's Isaac!! He and Caleb spend a lot of their days playing cars while Andie is at school...
And a Sanderson favorite..."pillow den" they call it. Basically all couch cushions are on the floor and we have "rock climbing", "cave exploring", "lions" games that we play.
Isaac and his "warrior" pose
So this one melts my heart!!
And a perfect end to the morning....cars down the hallway.
It was a perfectly ordinary day around here!!
Thanks for the reminder! I really need to work on the here and now :)
ReplyDelete