I would say roller derby but with her outfit ice capades seemed more fitting. My parents neighbors asked if we would like their children's outgrown rollerblades for free. We answered "yes please" and my parents brought them this past weekend. So Andie and Isaac have been officially up on rollerblades for four days now. They have caught on pretty fast. Andie loves it. Isaac still prefers being pitched to (over and over) but will get his blades on here and there. Our elementary school also just repaved their parking lot this summer and finished this past week as well so we have been heading up there to cruise around on our new toys.
In true Andie fashion, she emerged tonight in this emsemble, ready to rollerblade.
I guess practice was going pretty well and it was time for the big show. A few laps around the driveway and we were off to the new blacktop.
She skated hand in hand with me down the street. It is fun to share these hobbies with our children as they grow. I won't necessarily be wearing a sparkly gold and red leotard but I definitely enjoy watching a little 6 year old cruising around on her rollerblades all glammed up. I know this season of dress up won't last forever so I am enjoying for all it is worth while it is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment