Monday, August 5, 2013

My view from here

Summer.  We are 2/3 of the way through our summer.  I love that we have the month of August as summer around here.  There is no going back to school until after Labor Day, and I am perfectly fine with that!  Our summer has been so different from last year.  Last year we were selling our house and moving and cleaning and worrying and crying and cleaning and learning to trust God through hard times of Craig being gone through the week.  This year we are living in a little more dirt and clutter, enjoying seeing Craig at about 4:15 each evening, and learning to follow God in our new home and follow His lead in new adventures that await (and yes sort of scare) us. 

I had put together a summer list of fun at the beginning of summer and the kids have enjoyed checking them off:

So much fun has been had.  We have done a LOT of the list.  Lots of fun things like zoo, swimming, canoeing, vacationing, biking, beach days, etc.  We have not been reading and writing as much as this mom would like but in place we have been playing pretend, digging in the sand, and exploring new places together.  So mom guilt on the reading and writing - You can just go away now. 
 
Some of the things I changed.  We will not be having a hayrack ride on the farm.  I also decided to start memorizing our "family verse" instead of 3 verses so we have started memorizing the verse that Craig and I have selected to be important to our family which comes from Colossians 3:
 
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
 
 
We are working on verse 12 right now.  Specifically memorizing and working on compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience (and some more kindness and gentleness and patience). 
 
Some of the things I just don't think we will get to....I don't see us visiting all of our parks in our new area....we like to go back to our favorites it seems. 
 
And today my view on summer looked like this: 
 




The house is a mess but the kids and momma are happy.  I had a moment when we were driving back from Wisconsin a few weeks ago.  A moment I had been waiting for but not thinking about at the time.  The moment I REALLY felt "it's good to be home" as we drove into our "new" city.  I had that thought and then smiled because I had been waiting for our "new" city to be home.  And this morning....it was good to be home in all our clutter and mess and chaos. 

The day beckons, boys are napping and a little girl who has one month before the start of school is PATIENTLY waiting for me to come play cards with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment