Thursday, August 22, 2013

More God

Don't you love when you feel completely out of your comfort zone and then God just encourages you in the most unique way.  I really felt called to work with one of the programs at our church.  My kids are in it, there are bible stories and verse memorization....it is just a great program for kids.  I will be working with the youngest group and really wanted to incorporate music into our weekly program of stories, puppets, bible verses.  My kids sing constantly so I knew this would be popular with the 3 and 4 year olds.

Cue feelings of being out of my comfort zone.  It is not so much my singing voice (which is NOT  good and no I am not exaggerating).  It is my complete lack of knowledge on what would be good for the kids to sing.  I know many songs by being in Sunday schools and singing around the house....but it is different when you are trying to pick 3 or 4 meaningful, fun songs. 

So I picked up a kids CD and my three children decided for me. 
 
 
 My children were completely unaware that I was using them in such a fashion.  I put on the CD.  We played, we sang, we danced and then I chose the ones that they kept going back to and asking to play and sing and dance.

Caleb was the most persistent.  You can see the CD player on the counter.  He is asking me rather insistently in this picture for "More God".  The hymn "God is so Good" was a hit with all three but especially Caleb.  Whenever he even sees the CD player he starts yelling "MORE GOD MORE GOD"  Yes Caleb.  God is so Good....let's hide that truth in your heart now so you can sing it from the rooftops always





And some pictures of our (too) early dance party to the favorites "He's Got the whole world in His hands" and "This train"



Caleb saying "More God!!"  as soon as the song ended.

 
 
Add in a little "My God is so big" and I think we have some pretty awesome truths to sing to this year with my 3 and 4 year olds.  God has blessed me with helpers and I am super grateful for that!

1 comment:

  1. You will do fabulous girl - God has given you a heart and he will supply the rest :) And enjoy your last week of summer - that sand-bottom pool looks refreshing and amazing. It looked rake - Minnesotans, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete