Or....Earth Day. Yes, I have a whole bunch of Easter pics to post as most bloggers but took a whole bunch of pictures while we were enjoying some time hiking this afternoon that I couldn't wait to get loaded so the Easter egg hunt and looking nice pics will have to wait.
The boys and I hiked all morning at one of my favorite parks. We also played, climbed, creek stomped. It was great. But after we picked Andie up from school she really really wanted to get out and hike, climb, etc. as well so we grabbed a snack, my camera and soaked up all the Vitamin D our skin could hold this afternoon.
In the beginning.....we all wore hats and looked somewhat neat. Isaac has gotten a tick embedded into his head the past two years so hats are mandatory. He has started calling his hair "tick loving" hair and it is thick and beautiful and curly and I simply cannot see ticks on his head. Anyway, he got his spring and summer buzz cut tonight (tear) and now we don't have to be so careful but this was pre-buzz so the hats were on.....for a little while at least.
We love LOVE these cliffs. The older two love playing horses here and sliding down on their bottoms and "rock climbing" and while I have often captured them as they do these activities, I recently looked through our extensive collection of pictures taken in the woods and thought "we really need a few more faces and posed pictures". So today was the day. They mostly cooperated. I love spring when it is nice and things are budding but the trees are still stark. Love their contrast against the blue of the sky.
Yep....this one is definitely showcasing Isaac's personality!
After a little playtime, it was time to run......
And explore.......
And just sit and chat with our feet in the water.
On this picture I literally said "act like you love each other" which apparently means "squish in close"
We needed a good romp in the woods and today was a great day for it. We brought along a plastic bag and picked up some trash along the way so I talked a (very) little about earth day but mostly we just enjoyed this earth that God created for us. During our hike Isaac said "God sure knows how to create things to make them fun to play in" as we talked about our Creator making all of our playthings today. Love his precious heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment