Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter Weekend

Out of our extremely busy, crazy April we had a really busy Easter.  And honestly, it was pretty wonderful.  It was a lot of time with friends and family and there was just a lot of fun and laughter and reflection all weekend long.  I guess if we are going to have a busy month lets just do it right.  We also threw in a little pre-birthday celebration for Andie since my parents are in town.  So there was no shortage of sweets around our house.  I love it though.  I am excited for a HUGE slow down in May but do enjoy the crazy fun of April with lots of sweets on top.

To begin that week, Isaac helped me make resurrection eggs for our Awana group and to just have at home.  I had never made them and we did them in about 20 minutes.  I got the ideas and verses off of pinterest and really felt that my 3,4 and 5 year olds at Awanas loved the representation for each scripture.  At home, Andie and Isaac spent lots of time opening up each egg and then recounting why each item was in there.  It was chilling to hear my 5 and 7 year old recount that we put red clothe in the egg because Jesus was mocked and teased and beaten, I guess it was the childlike voices recounting the violence Christ had to endure for us that really got to me this year.  Andie and Isaac are just starting to grasp how hurtful teasing is and so this egg was talked about with extra reverence this year.


So after a great visit with some of our Iowa friends and a fun sleepover (yay Whitakers thanks for stopping!) on Friday, my parents came on Saturday bearing brownies, presents, candy for eggs, baskets, etc.  Here are some of my favorites from my dad's camera.


Is it just me or does Isaac look older here?





Caleb's usual cheesy grin



Yep....she is a little horse-crazy these days so a great present from my parents.

And Sunday morning dawned bright and beautiful.  A great morning to reflect on while it is good to feel sadness and be somber over what Christ had to endure on the cross for us.... as believers we know the story did not stop there.  My other favorite egg that we did was the last one, which was empty.  We know that Christ rose from the dead.  It reminds me that celebration should be our theme on Easter morning.  Dancing in the streets, whooping and hollering, celebrating life.  We have Freedom now because He set us free from our sins, from our bondage. I am NOT the same person I was 8 and half years ago before I knew Jesus as my personal savior.  I am not empty.  I have been given new life.  And while I can (and should) feel sadness for what He had to endure on the cross  for me, Easter morning begs me not to camp there....it begs me to enjoy this new life in Christ and Praise HIM!  


So setting out for church all dressed up, which is a rare occasion that all five of us are looking somewhat decent for an outing.





 And spent the afternoon at my grandmas, who lives about 45 minutes away with lots of my aunts and uncles and cousins and their kids and lots and lots of food.


And an easter egg hunt for the 6 great-grandkids.  For 6 kids I think they hid over 100 eggs.  Goodness we came home with a stash of coins and candy!

 Waiting patiently for the hunt to begin......








And to wind down the day....some time with bubbles in the front yard.  Love Caleb's complete look of joy on his face as he chases bubbles.  So blessed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment