Monday, April 13, 2015

No housework day

Otherwise known as "mommy skip day".  Seniors should not have all the fun.  When the weather is nice I think we should all play a little hooky from our responsibilities now and then and have ourselves a little skip day.  Yes, dishes needed to be done and laundry.  Winter jackets needed to be washed and put away.  Our coat closet has turned into a sandbox (not intentionally) and I don't remember when I scrubbed a toilet last which means that is far overdue.

But the weather was sunny, 50s, and not a cloud in the sky.  We waved goodbye to our two oldest going to school and it was time to do everything on my to do list  play a little hooky from responsibilities.

Grabbed our bikes and Caleb and I were off.....

To the park.  It rained a lot last night and the worms were out.  Caleb decided they all wanted a ride in his dumptruck so he made his way around the park, giving rides to all the sandy worms.  Sadly many did not make it out of his "ride o fun" alive......





Onto my favorite park for a snack picnic.  This park is easy biking distance from our house and I love it!  Views of the river valley, lots of trees, little trails for kids to play on.  When I am here I often say to myself, "we get to live here".  This piece of town is so me.  My date and I snacking.  I so rarely make it in the pictures I have decided to try to do a better job so they know I was there too!!








And last, but certainly not least, who doesn't like ice cream at 11 in the morning.  I got a few weird looks but we had a free scoop from a kids meal we hadn't used that was burning a hole in my pocket.  "Anything else with your ice cream"  NOPE.  Just ice cream today.   We will eat broccoli tonight just to make up for this indulgence but how often do you eat ice cream in the morning.  Not often enough around here.


So I will blink and this one will be in school.  We came home and the work was still all waiting for me but we had to take advantage of the weather and play a little hooky today.

No comments:

Post a Comment