Thursday, January 21, 2016

A day in the life of two January Hermits

I have looked back over my last few months of posts and can see I have been posting the "highlight reel" in the life of the Sandersons for sake of time and lack of thoughts, etc.  Yes we have been up to all those activities but it is not what life looks like on a daily basis around here.   On top of that I have a 4 year old that is breaths away from Kindergarten (ok....a year and a half but we all know how fast that will go)  so I thought I would write a little blog about how our days are spent in January.  I cut a whole lot out of our schedule during the day this year and in January my introverted nature really comes out and I toe the line of being a hermit for a few weeks.  I don't know exactly what the line is for being an actual hermit but we get pretty close to it in January.  Today, for example....beautiful day.  Mid-20s.  We really SHOULD get out but then we would miss out on all this hermiting we have accomplished.  But for the fact that we drop the two older ones off at school and pick them up we generally avoid doing much of anything.  I will get back on the horse here soon when we start to become bored but both of us are content being in and around the house.

To begin....this is not just a January picture of my bedroom but thought it was a good glimpse into laundry around here.....I do a load a day (at least) and every two or three days I take 2 or 3 clean loads up to my room and separate them.  So my room looks like this 3 or 4 days a week.  Usually I get it done around noon when I give myself my "Ipad break" (which is kept in my room) and then I remember I have 3 loads of clean clothes sitting on my floor so I take the 15 minutes to do it.


And today.  I was called to work on a dinosaur puzzle with Caleb.  So I left my cleaning the kitchen (daily chore) looking like this for a few hours.  I came back around 10:30 and finished cleaning the kitchen "after breakfast".


So done with the uninteresting but "real" pictures and onto pictures of my fellow shut in.  Caleb has been super into puzzles lately.  I MAY have taken a 10 minute nap yesterday on the floor while he was working on a few of them.    Here he is sporting his jammie shirt (it's 10 a.m.) but pants on because we walked the kids to school and he wore shorts last night to bed so I made him change.  That is the only reason either of us is dressed somewhat.


So I have been working out a bit with Jillian Micheals.  She is tough and I love her workouts.  I notice when I am online everyone posts workout pictures that look something like this:


What kind of workout picture is this?  I don't get it.   I could take this picture any day and not be working out.

My little assisstant likes to come and workout with me.  Mostly he watches and does some jumping jacks and pushups here and there. On this day of documentation I told him to snap a few pictures. Most of them were "interesting" but he did get one of me doing push-ups which is great so I can see I need to get my head up more.


 Thank you Jillian.....I can now do pushups again.  But no thanks for teaching my kids the word "@$$".


After a shower (for me) and a cartoon (for Caleb) we move on to my favorite activity in January.  Baking and cooking.  Soup and fresh bread.  I always like to cook but in January I really enjoy spending time in the kitchen.  It is that one "chore" I don't mind doing.  Caleb likes helping and today he told me "when you get old I will come make this soup for you".  It is put in writing now Caleb and I will count on it!


After an hour of magnatiles and a little bit of dragging our feet (picture below) with some nice flour on my pants there!


It was time for a bath for this one.  I honestly could not remember his last bath which means it has been way too long.


So here is a day in the life of us in January.  This pretty much sums up many of our January days around here.  My underwhelmed schedule has really caused a feeling of content in me this year.   Content to be at home and not rush rush rush.  Or always feel we HAVE to be doing something exciting.  Besides....I kind of think pushups and puzzles and baths are pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment