Monday, June 20, 2016

Bumming and Berries

Day 11:  Monday June 13th.  Friend day.  Isaac and Andie had friends from school over.  Lots of yard time for the boys.  Some swim time for us all in the afternoon.


And Popsicle to top it all off in the afternoon.


Day 12:  Tuesday, June 14th.  Impending storms and no where to go left a lot of time for reading, reading and more reading.   Andie also fulfilled one of the her goals for summer by rewriting "The boy who cried wolf" and having her brothers and her practice and act it out while I was the camera woman.  I had a few fits of giggles because they took it very seriously but it was really good and fun to see them working on this project together.



A 2 hour stint under our stairs while tornado siren after tornado siren went off.  Lots of books were read and cheetos eaten.

And after an hour and a half I gave up and just gave them the Ipad.

Day 13:  Wednesday, June 15th.  My good friends Birthday and she has always had Berry Picking on her bucket list....Happy Birthday Angelyn!!  We were going to head to a farm I have been too but they were closed after all the rain the day before.  So we tried a new place just a few miles further away.  Lorence's Berry Farm in Northfield, MN.  They were awesome.  They gave the kids little cartons to fill for free.  They told us to "snack while we picked".  Usually I feel bad for letting the kids have a berry here or there since we haven't paid for it but here they encouraged it.  Super kid friendly.  We picked around 11 pounds and I needed to freeze the majority of it since we were leaving for the weekend.  Nothing tastes quite like a strawberry warm out of the field.

Andie and Isaac were all-star pickers.  Caleb was more of the surveyor "here's a good berry guys"  "you missed one here mom"












And a little picnic at the arboretum in town.


Day 14:  Thursday, June 16th

We mostly bummed, went to a playdate, then rode our bikes down the street to Taco John's "Happy Hour" to cash in on their treat for doing all their chores, math, piano, making beds, etc in the mornings.


But then Dad got home from work and it was off for our first camping trip of the summer!!  We drove a 2 hours to my aunt and uncles house to stay the night and be closer to our camp the next morning.  Did I mention they live on a lake.....


"Do you want to ride the jet ski?" they asked as we got settled.  Is that even a question?


My uncle Vern taking Caleb for a spin.  We all had a few spins around the lake.


Andie and I.  The kids tell me dad is more fun.  I still have more caution with children on the back than he does I guess....


Time to round out the evening with some s'mores and beautiful sunset.

I had not been to my Aunt and Uncles since I was 13 or so.  It was a great stop on our way to camping for the weekend.  Fun and relaxed evening was had by all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment