Monday, February 18, 2013

Cold hands, Warm Hearts

My husband and I have NOT been able to have a date night lately. Well, actually not "lately"....we are talking months.  Between moving, holidays, illness, not having a babysitter yet in the area.... we just have put dating on the back burner.  So when the new church we have been attending put on a "date night" filled with food, fellowship and music I said, "YES PLEASE".  One of the hiccups was that the event started about 30 minutes before Caleb's bedtime and I knew he just would not last so I decided to put in a call to my parents.  We now live 3 hours closer to them so they were ecstatic to come watch the kiddos for the night. 

So date night was set.  We arrived at the church with the sanctuary all set up in table form.  Candles and flowers decked the tables and the coffee was on and good!  We enjoyed a wonderful catered dinner.  I ate a chicken wrap that they used some funny Mankato-term for (I want to say it was a Schmoicken...or something like that!!)  I will just call it delicious.  We enjoyed getting to know the two other couples at our table.  Lots of stories, chatting and laughter.  And then came the music.  I signed us up without ever hearing of Trevor Morgan.  I became an instant fan.  He plays the acoustic type of music I love and his lyrics are so honest and open.  I completely loved the hour filled with music. 

And then we came home with full bellies and hearts, new CD's, to three sleeping kids and two happy grandparents....can't beat that!

 Haven't had a family shot in awhile so my dad snapped this one!!  One of our better ones I will have to say.   Most of us have smiles and ALL of our eyes are open and looking at the camera = success!!


A shot of Craig and I
 
And Sharing the love....a taste of Trevor Morgan.  This song he wrote because he was studying Matthew and was struck by Matthew 25:44-45 which says:
They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

And he said he just thought about who the "least of these" were in our society and that is where this song came from.  That thought and this song just resonates with me about seeing the "least of these" in society and loving them like I would love Jesus if it were Him.  I barely pause to look up when I am out in society, picking up groceries or my daughter from school or running errands.  I want to see the "least of these".  I want to show them the love that Jesus has shown me.  But it also reminds me that the Lord sees and loves all of us.  He sees me at my best and worst and loves me anyway.  He knows the desires of my heart but he also knows what is best for me.  

  Love this song.  I am already running it on repeat on my CD player.  ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment