I have always had a soft spot for winter. I love (in small doses) being homebound, in front of the fire. I love sledding and hiking in the woods in winter. I love making snowmen and angels. I love hot chocolate, tea and crock pot meals. I even like shoveling snow. So as cold as this winter has been and as sick as it seems we have been, I wasn't to a "I am sick of winter" feeling yet.
Until today.
I will blame it on the past two days of beautiful weather. We spent the last two days exploring this beautiful new area we call home, biking, walking and just enjoying being outside again when winter reared it's ugly head again.
So I awoke to no puddles, no birds chirping, no dripping of icicles but to a fresh layer of snow (about 3 inches of it). And that is when I officially became done with winter.
I told the boys we were boycotting winter today. This is very unusual since I am usually bundling us all up and we are headed outside to enjoy the fresh snow. I thought the fresh snow should not go to waste however so we did bring some of it inside to play with. I just decided to not show myself to winter outside and maybe it would take a hint......
So the boys and I enjoying our winter boycott, playing with snow in the tub
Caleb eating snow...and now that I have seen it melted in the tub and all the stuff in it, I cringe a little when he does....but not enough to stop him
Isaac building a mini-snowman.
So Old Man Winter.....
It's not you, it's me. You have stayed the same these past months but I have changed. I feel the need for something different in my life. In the beginning, I loved that you helped me to be a homebody but that you also provided new and exciting adventures. However, it is for these very same reasons that I am feeling the need for space now.
I want to explore outdoor recreational activities that you are just not designed to do. I want to run barefoot, swim and bike. My interests have changed and I know that you may not feel ready for this change but in my heart I know it will be for the best.
So I hope we can part company as friends. I know I will be wanting to see you around the winter holidays next year!! So, until then, just know that I have enjoyed our time together but feel the need for a change in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment