To say that I am competitive may be just a tiny huge understatement. I live for competition. Craig and I are in a "little" cribbage tourney at night after the kids go down and I LOVE talking some smack and playing some cards and skunking my husband at cribbage....ok but this is not about my winning right now at the cribbage tournament.
So I have a little competitive streak and the Sanderson's were having bad table manners. So we began enforcing pushups for bad table manner infractions. Three pushups for each infraction. Craig and I were NOT excluded either. So after dinner we will go participate in family pushups if we are "caught" having poor table manners (mostly talking with our mouths full).
Then winter became longer, and colder, and snowier. And pushups turned into an all out "BOOT CAMP" which began one cold, snowy, long Sunday afternoon. Put on just the right mix of 80s and 90s music (i.e. a LOT of Bon Jovi) and you can get a good work out in around here. No need for a fancy gym. So we have been doing a lot of this these days while we wait for the THAW (it does thaw in Minnesota right?)....
First...some warm ups. They love to hold onto each others shirts/hoods as they trot laps around the room. A little freestyle running and wrestling....almost time for caliestentics.
A little stretching and we are ready....
Love the next three of Isaac. We do "long jump" and I did some quick snaps with the camera so you can see him in a lot of different positions.
Now for some laps around the the living room, through the hallways, through the toy room and back around again...
Jumping Jacks....always a fan favorite
Good Old Dance party time. Doesn't get better than this! I think Footloose was on at the time :)
And a little leapfrog. Andie and Isaac understand the concept for the most part. Caleb just sort of crawls over the two of them.
And our mini-trampoline with pillows.
The endorphins we get are great. We all play a little nicer after a "boot camp" session. And while it has been a great activity for us this winter....I sure am ready to get outside and be active out of the house...can I get an AMEN?
No comments:
Post a Comment