My parents came this past weekend for an early celebration of Easter and to celebrate Isaac's birthday and my dad snapped quite a few pictures. He snapped the ones I always wish I could get (but I am usually too busy running after 1 of the 3 kids at the time). His eye for a picture is also much better than mine and I think he captured my children in a way that shows their personalities off. He also was able to snap a few pictures of me. So, now I have some pictures of me at 33 which are hard to come by (at least ones in which my hair is brushed and I am dressed in clothes other than pajamas - we have plenty of those - thank you Andie!)
So to start...some pictures of my first born. Adventurous in nature to a fault but also a rule keeper. Can you say mini-me. She laughs, she runs, she climbs, she pouts, she is a mother hen to her brothers. The "trail" we hike is a loose interpretation to her. She plows her own path through the woods and meanders back to the trail when it suits her.
My second born. He is a unique blend of a gentle spirit and bowl of energy. He can be aggressive as anything...charging through the woods, climbing trees, yelling at the top of his lungs and then switch to my gentle boy who holds my hand while we listen for deer and owls. I have my greatest challenges with him but also, at times, my greatest rewards.
And the "baby" of the family (although Craig is intent on getting him to be a "big boy"). All smiles from this one. He is laid-back and care free....unless you take his momma away...then watch out! He has no concept of fear and will gladly teeter on an edge of a cliff if we would let him. He is constantly into things, wanting to keep up with the other two.
And, as promised, a few appearances of me!
Me + Three. On top of a lookout.
And one of my favorites. This is usually how Caleb "hikes" through the woods He is done with the backpack (too restrictive) but can't walk too far on his own....therefore lots of shoulder rides on mom. Thank goodness he is petite!!
Wonderful Easter weekend. Weather was (finally) in the 50s. We explored a new area that my kids loved and my dad documented it for me. Thanks DAD!!
No comments:
Post a Comment