Friday, December 6, 2013

Making good on a pin

Pinterest.  I love you so.  But while I pin with reckless abandon, I rarely DO any of my pins (except recipes).  Often because I forget about them once they are on my boards.  I decided to write down the ingredients of a few pins I've been excited to do and today after school the kids and I made good on one of those pins.

Making indoor snow.

Messy, sensory, unstructured....what's not to love.  The recipe was super easy but since I do not have a husband who bic shaves (ever) I needed to plan a little on my shopping list since it called for shaving cream.

Baking Soda and Shaving cream.  There you have it.  Easiest recipe ever.  I used half a box of soda (because that is what I had) and added shaving cream until I reached the desired powdered snow consistency.  I threw in some glitter for good measure (all I had was pink).

And it was awesome....








It was powdery, it was moldable, it was even a little cold (chemical reaction with the soda???  May have to do a little experimentation with that).

After some good play time we added vinegar to watch all the bubbles and foam (reaction with the baking soda) and we played with the snow "slime" it created. 


Time to clean up.  Down to our undergarments. 

This was probably the biggest mess I have cleaned up and I have cleaned up some good ones.  However, if you kept it in a bin or huge bowl it would be no big deal.  As you can see....that did not happen at our house.  I also wasn't thinking when I added the glitter....now our floor is full of sparkly cheer but it will come up eventually (I hope).  A good hour + of fun and we have done a pinterest activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment