Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013 Survey

So I took this survey of the family a week ago on New Years but then a lot of life happened between now and then and I am just now sitting down at the computer to document it all.  Four days of REALLY, REALLY cold temperatures  =  a lot of family togetherness and not a lot of down time.  It was fun though and I enjoyed the past few days of hibernation.  We baked, we built forts, we read books, we watched movies, we played with play-doh, we played ninja turtles, we played more games of Go Fish than I care to remember, we ran around our gym at church, we collaged....we did a lot. 

So we emerged today like wild bears, ready to take on the world.  I ticked things off my to-do list all day and am now getting around to blogging :)

So here it goes

2013 Stats on Sanderson Family (and Caleb answered most of his own questions this year...that's a first)
Ages:
   Craig - 35
   Sarah - 34
   Andie - 6
   Isaac - 4
   Caleb - 2

Favorite things to :

do:
   Big C - Ride bikes, hike in the woods
   S - ANYTHING outdoors
   A - Monkey Bars, swings, sled
   I - Watch movies, Party (UH OH)
   Little C- Play legos

eat:
   Big C - Pizza Ranch
   S - A local Italian restaurant and a local Pizza place.......mouth watering......
   A - enchaladas
   I - Cake
   Little C - Pizza, chx nuggets

wear:
  Big C - shorts/pants combo and any t-shirt
  S - New fleece pants from Christmas.....perfect mom pants
   A - dresses
   I - Ninja Turtle Costume
   Little C - Nothing (he is not lying folks...he loves to be naked)

read:
  Big C - Sarah's blogs (awww), Bible
   S - Lately:  My bible, and a series by Judith Pella - Christian Historical fiction - still my fav!
   A - Narnia
   I - Narnia
    Little C - "Thank you God for my family"  (Little board book we have)

watch:
   Big C - Football or really anything on tv!!
   S- Anything but Teenage mutant ninja turtles, Parenthood
   A - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
   I - TMNT
   Little C-  He literally said "Turtles in a half shell, turtle power" when I asked him this question.  May have to cut back on the Turtle watching me thinks

listen to:
   Big C - kids laughing as they play together
   S - hymns on Pandora - I feel like those stations just know me
   A - Birds
   I - Songs from Disney
    Little C - What the fox say

Things I loved about this year:
   Big C - Visiting family, going to the lake in WI, new church family
   S - traveling to WI, IA, places in MN, NE, making new friends, exploring this area
   A - making new years hats, WI, visiting friends
   I - Jumping in Snowpiles (and we have plenty of these lying around for him)
   Little C - jumping off dock, swimming in the lake, 4-wheeling

Things I am thankful for:
   Big C -  My savior - Jesus! my life, health, family, church
   S - Jesus!!  Family, friends, church
   A - friends, family
   I - My family
   Little C - My family

Things I want to do next year:
   Big C - go to lake in WI again, small group bible study, go to Columbus and swim in lake
   S - Go to VEGAS (in a week, by myself!!)  I also really want to spend time getting to know more women in this area and foster those relationships both in our church and women I know outside the church.
    A - Go Swimming
   I - Go swimming
  Little C - Jump off dock at Grandpas and grandmas

There you have it.  This was us in 2013.  Nothing too earth shattering but a lot of growing and loving and living and laughing took place this past year.  Ready to see what 2014 has in store!

1 comment:

  1. love this recap....definitely stealing this idea next year!

    ReplyDelete