Thursday, February 20, 2014

Break

Yes....we have a blizzard going on right now.  Yes....the forecast calls for highs in the single digits next week (most hovering around 0...yikes).  Yes....it is the end of February and about this time I am usually itching for spring.

But the past two and half days have been a wonderful break from winter.   We have been outside more than we have been in, making for one very tired mama.  The kids, however, seem very energetic still. 

Hours to enjoy the snow.  To build and refine our snow fort/igloo/hut/tunnel.  To actually play in it.  To walk to the library.  To stomp in puddles.  YAY for water in the liquid form...oh how we have missed you! 

The snow fort Isaac and I created.  It started as a smallish tunnel, turned into an igloo by closing off one side, then carved out a longer tunnel and made a new opening.  As I told my friend Kayla....we were working on our teamwork with this one....with "teamwork" meaning the boys stayed out of my way and didn't get hit by any cars.  But they have helped here and there with their shovels and have enjoyed the completed work.  Not quite fit for sleeping (they have been asking) but fun for a little outdoor playground.





And who doesn't love a good puddle.  Right outside Andie's school is this great area of water collection.....and we dove right in yesterday after school.  I got more smiles than dirty looks from onlookers so that was good.

 Picture of Andie RIGHT before she completely destroyed her snowpants.  They were almost ruined anyway....they have made it through 2 and half winters but completely split at the seams and knees right after this picture.  Mind if I share one of my quirks right here??  I LOVE when kids completely wear out clothes.  I don't know what it is but I get this really deep sense of satisfaction when clothes are so completely worn out that we have no choice but to throw them.  Weird right?  Maybe I just feel like we have gotten all the use out of them possible and that warms this thrifty moms heart right up.  Anyway....enough on my weird quirks.


So winter is back with a vengeance in my 10 day forecast but we enjoyed the break while it was here.  This tired mama is actually ready for a day or two of fires and books and board games again!

No comments:

Post a Comment