You might as well have snow. Right? Who wants it to be 25 degrees and look at brown grass. What fun is that? So as long as we have CHOSEN to live in a place that is cold 4 months out of the year. (Why have we done that again?) Then we might as well embrace the snow. Bring it on.
This year, though, it seems to be extra cold. The snow piling up outside our window has been teasing us....begging to be played in. Our yard looks a little too smooth, not enough little feet have been trouncing through the beautiful blanket of snow. So when we received 4 inches over the weekend, another 4 this morning, throw in the magic of no school, 25 degrees and rising temps.... I say "bring on the SNOW PLAY!!"
First order of business: snowblow our driveway. Since we do not technically own a snowblower and the snowblowing actually is me shoveling, I wanted to "encourage" our children to help. I did this by using a bribe. Yes, a bribe. I was going to lie and call it a reward but it was really just a plain and simple bribe. A "help me for 20 minutes and I will give you a can of strawberry pop to make slushies out of with the snow".
It worked......
It was not all work and no play this morning, however.....
Here is a great picture of how high some of the drifts have gotten in our yard....snow has drifted/been shoveled up to my head in spots. The kids are standing in a tunnel that Isaac and I created last week. We had just enough time to build it but it was really too cold to stay out and play. It will be fun to play in it this week as temps are going up into the upper 30s the next few days!!
And my little bear cub halfway up our pine tree. It is hard to tell but she is about 7 feet in the air. No worries though because the snow pile is over 5 feet tall so it is a pretty easy jump and landing.
And the kids making good on their pop reward.....
Collecting the snow......
Making the slushies......
Here's to weather in which we can play outside in the white and fluffy stuff!!
No comments:
Post a Comment