A local college's arboretum has been on my radar for a few weeks. It's free, the drive isn't too far, it looked pretty awesome from the pictures....what's not to love. However, our April was really busy and then I did that whole trail run last week that wiped me out all day pretty much so we just hadn't gotten around to checking it out.
Today we awoke to birds chirping and sunshine and absolutely NOTHING on our calendar....cue the hallelujah chorus please!! Craig said, "where should we go today" and listed off a bunch of cool places to explore so I knew he was in the mood for a little adventure.
Arboretum?
Lets....
Pack up the car and read some books....
Find a great little cabin, which was perfect because we are in the middle of the Laura Ingalls books and it was great peaking in the windows and seeing how little room they were content with compared to today's standard of housing!
Picking dandelions....don't worry, I did not let them pick anything else but I thought nobody would mind if they picked a few of these beautiful flowers.
Time to play on some boulders that are just right for imagination.
She said before this one: "mom take a picture of me holding up the sky"
My 5 year old Lion......he gets crazy into character.
A special mothers day shot for me....me + 3. These pictures don't come around too often.
It was a great morning. I rarely bring my camera but I made sure I grabbed it today to get a new picture of Isaac since the one we have on our wall is from when he is one. He wouldn't change out of his Ninja Turtles shirt but I decided to just not fight him on that one...plus, 25 years from now I can look at that picture and remember how Isaac was into wearing Ninja Turtles ALL THE TIME at this stage of life. I am super excited to return in a few weeks when the flowers will be more abundant.
No comments:
Post a Comment