Friday, July 18, 2014

Road Trip Leg 3

Or better known as:  Didn't know if this day would ever happen.  In the best way possible.  The day my very sweet on the inside but a little rough around the edges older brother would find someone that not just "accepted" the science fiction loving, sometimes too blunt but also completely honest parts but embraced those parts of him and also saw the wonderful person that Erik is.   Even just 8 years ago as he started a 4 and half year stint living in our basement, getting clean and sober, going to different universities in our area, becoming a drug and alcohol abuse counselor....a time in which I saw TONS of growth in him.....I still wondered if he would find someone who loved him for him!!   I am so glad he and Miranda have found each other.  They love each other and bring out the best in one another and I think make the other a better person.  So they decided to get married on a Tuesday (their one year anniversary of meeting) in Omaha, perfect for us because it was just a short jaunt from Craig's parents.

First order of business....Uncle Matty Cakes has flown in from Vegas....time to get everyone to jump on Papa!!


Next stop:  Village inn for the meet and greet of the families and a picture of the happy couple.





Next day dawned cool and beautiful.  We needed to burn a few hours before we could get in and decorate the place so it was a great day to visit the Henry Doorly Zoo.  Last time we were here I was pregnant with Caleb so it was fun coming back now that the kids are older.










Uncle Matt with the kids in his natural habitat....the desert.


And then it was time to decorate and get ready for the wedding.  Erik, who does not know all the "rules" to dressing nice at events like these, changing out his white socks for my dads dress socks.  Bless him.

And Craig tying his tie for him!

The kids enjoyed the outdoor space while we waited for the ceremony.  It was beautiful and sweet and I am happy for my brother and new sister in law.  My dad took some great pictures of the actual ceremony and it was amazing but I have yet to get some of those from him......so here are some more pics of my crew....like we need more of those on this blog.



But it was time to get on the road and drive the four hours back to my parents house and our fourth and final leg of the road trip.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your last few weeks (and love all the pictures of your time away with family and friends!) So fun :)

    ReplyDelete