Thursday, June 4, 2015

A photo (or two) a day. Our week in Pictures


 Summer goes fast.  This will be our third "real" summer in which we have a definite start and a definite stop.  So I saw this thing on pinterest that caught my attention:  A photo a day for 100 days of summer.  Great idea.  I don't know if I will remember to take a photo every day but I love the idea of catching summer in photographs.  Some days we have lots going on, some days it is mundane and lazy....but I even want to capture those moments as well!!  So, can I do 100 days of summer photos?  I am off to a good start but even if I do half the days I will be glad I documented them.  So I am starting with last day of school because it is my blog and I can do what I want:

Day 1:  Friday, May 29th.  Last Day of school for my 2nd grader and Kindergartner.  What an awesome year for both of them....but we were all ready for a little break!



Day 2:  Saturday, May 30th:  Isaac is already doing Math sheets that were sent home and reading books.  I haven't finished my morning coffee nor is anyone dressed.  This is just how he is.


Day 3:  Sunday, May 31st.  Glorious Day around the house before a fun graduation party.  Kids played with chunks of wood and logs.  Caleb wore his helmet around all afternoon.  He, at one point, was on his bike but really just played with his helmet on for the better part of 2 hours....no head injuries for that one!


Day 4:  Monday, June 1st.  First day of horse riding lessons for Andie.  This is what the boys did most of the time:

Seriously, look at that face....she is so in love with horses right now.


Later that day, Isaac said:  Mom can we go to Minneopa State Park (which is about 10 minutes away)  YES WE CAN!!



Day 5:  Tuesday, June 2nd.  Not too many plans this day.  Just filling up a 5 gallon pail with cold water and playing a game called "Butt Challenge" in which they sit in it for extended periods of time.



Day 6:  Wednesday, June 3rd.  Field trip day to Science center.  But first, a lost tooth for Isaac...his first one!!  Then up to Minneapolis to spend a rainy day at the science center.



Day 7:  Thursday, June 4th.  We are a little tired from the field trip today (i.e. cranky) So we did our "Daily 5".  This gem I took from a good friend who homeschools, because lets face it homeschool moms....you are way more organized with this stuff than I am.   Basically I have decided to trace their hand and put stuff on it they need to do.  When they have done it for the day (usually Isaac does it in 20 minutes, Andie likes to take her time a bit more) they can put a ring on a finger.  5 rings for the week = special treat with mom on Friday.  This little checklist has caused us to do more math this week than we did all last summer...no I am not exaggerating.  This Friday we are biking to Taco Johns for "Happy hour $1 drinks" of slushies!

Then we proceeded to play in the driveway today.

Isaac likes to spend his time throwing the ball in the air and catching it.  I played catch with him for a bit but he likes to play this way for a bit too.

Andie and Caleb playing, what else, HORSES!


Ok....week 1 of summer vacation is in the books.  It has been a pretty good mix of fun and excitement mixed with chill time around the house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment