Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tea time

I am not English.  Not of descent.  I am mostly German with a little Norweigan.  My husband is Scottish and English.  Our children are quite the mixture! However, I love the English tradition of tea time.  I love having a good cup of tea in the middle of the day.  My favorite is Earl Grey but I usually have an assortment on hand.  No treats to go with it or sandwiches or anything like that....just a good cup of tea. 

This winter we have had a routine of a little playtime, errands, bible study etc. in the morning, followed by lunch at 11:00, then time for Isaac's preschool.  I used to do preschool in the morning with Andie because it worked best at that time but Isaac seems to work best after playing, running, etc. So 11:30 is reading, writing, math for about 20 minutes or so and then it is tea time for my boys.  Not every day, but probably weekly.  It started with some sips of my afternoon cup of tea and then turned into a shared cup of chamomile between the two of them.  They love it.  As soon as he sees the cups coming out, Caleb starts yelling "TEEEEAAA!!"




CHEERS....

No comments:

Post a Comment