My parents called me last week and told me they had had been talking (uh-oh) and they would like to take my two oldest kids back with them after our family reunion on Saturday. They would like to keep them for the week and then bring them back Wednesday, just in time to watch all three of my kids so the hubs and I could go out for our 9-year anniversary. I said "what's the catch". Joking...sort of. But it sounded like a great plan and my two older kids were super excited to spend 3 days/4 nights with Papa and Nana. We had a minor hiccup in the plan when Isaac started running a fever on Saturday but after a good night of sleep in his own bed I was able to drive him over to my parents (they live about 1 hour and 45 min from us). I miss my two oldest like crazy and our house is super quiet with just Caleb. It has been a great time to concentrate on him AND tick a few things off my "to-do" list that I never get to. We didn't sign up for ANYTHING this summer (no lessons, camp, etc) because our previous summers have been a little crazy with moving, having someone live with us, pregnant, etc so we are just being us and chillin' this summer so this was a perfect, impromptu camp for the kids.
Some pics of them at "Camp Nana and Papa's" (courtesy of my photo-taking dad)
Picking some flowers and waiting for little brother to arrive at camp
Playing and singing at a local bandshell....what silly kids. I miss them like crazy when I see this picture!
Fishing with Papa at the nearby lake
Going to Camden State Park to do some hiking, playtime, beach time, and to catch some tadpoles
Catching tadpoles. Andie heard I caught 20 here as a child so she caught 21. She is so competitive...I have no idea where she gets it ;)
And what have I been doing with my 21 month old? Yesterday was "Caleb's day" We took a long bike ride to a local beach/pond. We swung on the swings as long as he wanted to, we swam, we had popsicles, we "chatted". He also decided on the first night the kids were away to climb out of his crib no less than 5 times (once being in the middle of the night). So now my super petite 21 month old who has no fear of heights is sleeping in a big boy bed. I was not quite ready for it to be quite so soon. And I have been checking a few things off my list. Fixing some drawers, painting our kids picnic table and our bird feeder, doing some scrapbooking.
Picnic table before:
Decided to go white with red trim. Kind of fell in love with the look as I was driving around Southern Minnesota and on my Grandma's farm this past weekend. AND we had all the paint at our house from our previous owners = free!!! I wanted it to look a bit more "distressed" but thought that would happen on its own after being outside for a bit.
And my "baby" sleeping in his big boy bed. How is this possible?!?! At least he still loves snuggling himself to sleep.
Can't wait to see my oldest two tomorrow and get some noise back in this house but I know they are loving their time with my parents and I am so happy they have a great relationship with them!
love the picnic table. looks fabulous!
ReplyDelete