Tuesday, June 25, 2013

When life gives you lemons....make waterballoons

Life started out pretty sour today.  We had 3 lemons, 4 if you count me and yes I would count me.... I think I may have been the biggest lemon of them all.  We had the best weekend.  We had friends come from Iowa and stay over night.  So much fun to chat and play and chat and play some more.  We had some fun times swimming and Craig had a personal day yesterday so we even got to have a morning at a nearby lake that was filled with swimming, digging, fishing, picnicking, etc. 

This morning we awoke to birds chirping, sun filling our house, no "agenda" and 4 great big lemons.  It was just one of those mornings when getting along seems impossible and nobody is very patient with one another and nobody wants to do the same thing.  We tried some backyard playtime.  That ended with fighting and whining.  We tried a bike ride.  That ended with some whining and crying.  Nothing seemed to work today. 

Until I remembered a special treat I had bought a week ago at the dollar tree. 

After making our "Summer Fun" list (if you want to see it check this Gearing up for Summer Link) I had picked up a package of water balloons to play with some day.  Many of the things on the list were planned events and I wanted to throw a few spontaneous fun events on there for days when we just needed one. 

AND TODAY WAS THAT DAY....

Time to make the water balloons kids!!

I started by making a bunch in the kitchen sink, then I came out firing...which is kind of mean since they didn't have any but they can run quicker than I can so I thought I would give myself a little advantage....here they are trying to get away from me throwing balloons at them!!



Next the bucket went down and they had a chance to retaliate....




Two ready to go....who to hit?!?!






Caleb didn't really know what to think...but had a pretty good time squeezing them and busting them on himself. 




So after a few refills of water balloons, some much needed laughter at our house today we are not lemons any more.  We decided to keep a few so we could fill them and then do a "sneak attack" on daddy after work today.  I will try to get a few pictures of that for the world to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment