And so we did
10 years. I have felt like we have been married my whole life but in the span of two minutes. I don't know what that 24 year old was thinking during that sweet wedding dance sung by Faith Hill but married life is so much more challenging and sweeter than I could have ever anticipated.
Craig and I had a little fun this morning coming up with things that have changed and things that have stayed the same since we said "I do" a decade ago. Let me tell you.....the things that have changed were easy, stayed the same....not so much. So since I have been on a making lists rampage, it will continue with things that have stayed the same and things that have changed since that picture shown above.
Things that have changed since June 19, 2004
1. We both know the Lord now
2. Had children
3. Moved to a place in which we feel a snowblower is a necessity.....not so needed in Kansas City, which is where we were living when we got married.
4. I stopped teaching
5. Debt-free (except mortgage)
6. We now have a mortgage (and live in a house, not an apartment)
7. Eat meals at home
8. Neither one of us drive a Taurus....definitely our car of choice 10 years ago. Think we both drove them at some point in last 10.
9. We can do a home repair project without COMPLETELY losing our cool with one another (just slightly losing our cool and we have learned that one of us might need to just walk away)
10. Side of bed we sleep on - changed when we had children....my side is now closer to the door and said children.....
11. We own more furniture than a futon!! In fact we do not have that futon any more.
12. Craig is Mr. Budget now.....this was NOT the case 10 years ago. Which was probably the root of most of our early married squabbles.
13. No hours of tv at night for us anymore
Things that are still the same since June 19,2004
1. We both love the outdoors
2. We can eat a package of oreos in one sitting (together of course)
3. I am still
4. Go to bed around 9:30
5. Up by 6 a.m.
6. Craig still likes to be out and about while I am more of a homebody (or out in the woods)
7. Sleep with body pillows....we did this long before I was pregnant
8. Our arguments still can stem from times when we are not having good, quality time with one another.
9. Craig can still make me laugh like no one else
10. Still get excited for the new Lord of the Rings or now Hobbit movie
So thank you Craig for the past 10 years. For this crazy, beautiful life. Thank you for your patience with me, your understanding, your spontaneity, your love. I am blessed to be called your wife.







HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I love your lists! (and LOVE your wedding pictures! I want to see them all sometime!)
ReplyDeleteCome over any time Erika and we will brush the dust off the albums!
Delete