Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A look back while looking forward

That time of year again.  The time when I take pictures of the kids on our front step.  Looking forward to summer.....looking back on the year and cannot believe how fast this school year went.  I love taking pictures of the kids and looking back at what they looked like just a few months earlier.  In the day to day we don't realize all the changes that are taking place, all the growth that is happening.  It is nice to pause and look back and recognize how much has happened it a seemingly short span of time.

So a montage of pictures:


Andie at the end of kindergarten:

Beginning of First Grade:



And end of First grade:







The "band of brothers":  Last year and this year

Last year:

This year:  Is it just me or is Isaac starting to catch Andie in height?  I told the kids I want a picture every year on the step.....and yes.....Caleb  is looking grumpy and uncooperative but he is 2 and that is the way it was this morning.  Will we see this same face as I get ready to take his picture in 10 years?  Maybe......


This is what life actually looks like when I say stand together and smile:



So we are looking forward to 2nd grade for Andie and Kindergarten for Isaac next year and most importantly a long, schedule-free summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment