But Caleb, alas....he is the third. I don't know if I am lazier or wiser, knowing that he will learn things and I don't always need a structured time and setting BUT I haven't done really anything with him. Which doesn't mean he doesn't know anything. He can count to 20, loves to sing his ABC's etc. I just don't do a structured time with him yet.
Yesterday when Isaac was home he started to teach Caleb his letters. Caleb loved it and I thought....yes, lets start a little preschool with him. So today we began. We started with a book I bought for Andie at 3 called Little Hands to Heaven. It is easy to follow with no prep work for me = perfect. We started with A, saying the letter, making the sound, doing a song about A and creation, reading the story of creation, making an A on the floor and getting one of his action figures to walk it saying that sound, etc, counting. All sorts of things.
Well, preschool is going to be a little different with this one. All kids are different. I know that. Andie was the perfect little student, Isaac was a lot more physical and liked to move and Caleb likes to roll on the floor and climb me like a gym during all instructional time. All the while he climbed me he was saying Ah-Ah-A....so I couldn't get too upset....
One story from his first day of school that I want recorded for all times sake is what he said as we talked about God making all things. We get to the part that God created the sun
"Look mom" my three year old says to me, "Sun's out, GUNS out" and proceeds to take off his shirt. Yes, my three year old loves this expression that when the suns out he gets to take off his shirt and show his "guns". It was a different take on the creation story to say the least but Adam did have his shirt off on the next page so it did all make sense.
Side note: School got out early today AND our barstools came from target!! YAY!! These boxes lasted all of 30 minutes with the boys until they became punching bags for 10 minutes and then completely lost shape but they were super fun while they lasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment