So it was time this weekend and the weather cooperated nicely. Yesterday, Isaac and I stayed home from church because we weren't sure if he had eye irritation or pink eye (eye irritation it turned out) and we spent our time doing what we like to do together = spending time outdoors. We used our time to construct this years tunnel/fort on Polar Bear Mountain. Which is really just what the kids call the big pile of snow that gets dumped at the bottom of our cul-de-sac.
Isaac had the idea to not only make a through tunnel but make it drop in from the top. I started to say "No I don't think that will work" when I changed it and said "what have we got to lose....more snow will come if it doesn't work" And it worked awesome! So here he is standing right over the hole cut from the top.
A view from the top. Isaac loved pretending he was a TMNT and he was dropping into the cellar.
And the return of the cold is the return of movie nights around here. After watching Cars a thousand (exaggerated a bit maybe) times when Isaac was three we realized we have never watched it with Caleb so Family Movie Night Friday night was Cars, some popcorn, and some cuddling time. We are usually pretty tired by Friday so we all ended up looking like this:
I asked the kids if they would do this with me when they were 16, 14 and 12. They said "of course". I now have written proof and will show it to them when they are those ages. I think my hardest sell will be the 14 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment