Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What did you do today at school?

Common question with a common response.  "I don't know".  More often with my kindergartner I get a lengthy description of gym class, kid time in which he usually builds blocks with his friends or recess.

But his teacher has a blog!!  So here are a few things my kindergartner has been up to this year....I wanted to save them on here for memories sake.

First things first....they had an ecology presentation.  Oh I wanted to download every picture she had of this presentation.  The kids were able to look at all different furs from mammals and talk about ecosystems, etc.  But I just picked two of my favorite pictures:  A look at the food web and a look at a stuffed Owl.



Right before Christmas they did a "Science Day".  If I could love his teacher more I would have after this day but it is just not possible for me to love her any more than I do.  They talked about solids, liquids and gases.  Looked at the effect of temperature on gases (picture of the 3 balloons - put in three different temperatures), did some cool things with surface tension and all sorts of things.  Isaac came home showing us all the experiments he did = love it!!



And a quick picture of my boy at his "P" party right before Christmas.  PJ's, Polar Express, Piping Hot Cocoa, Pizzas.  Lots of fun!


Next a few pictures from the local college's theatre performance at the school.  They come every year and do an age appropriate show for all the kdis.  What fun!




And a few days ago the kids spent a portion of the afternoon doing STEM.  Today they were engineers.  They were supposed to design a boat that could float and also could be propelled by wind (air from straw).  Isaac was super proud of his effort that met the criteria.  I think they are building bridges and a giant igloo in the coming weeks that they can all fit into out of milk cartons.


Kindergarten has been filled with blocks and recess, gym and music, reading and writing but it also has been filled with a lot of fun, educational activities for Isaac.

1 comment:

  1. How fun is that!!!!! She sounds like an amazing teacher...love the idea of a blog for the classroom!!

    ReplyDelete