2014 survey.....this is the third year we have done this same survey. So fun to look back and see what has stayed the same and what has changed in the last year. Here are the links for 2012 and 2013 if interested!! (Dad....click on the years)
2014 Survey results:
Ages:
Craig - 36
Sarah - 35
Andie - 7
Isaac - 5
Caleb - 3
Favorite things to
do:
Big C - camping with the family, chopping wood (for our fireplace), Starting fires, hiking
S - hiking, drinking tea, reading, cooking, running
A - Go to the zoo, paint, practice my cartwheels
I - Open presents, paint, play on snow piles, hike and play in snow and eat snow
Little C- going to the zoo, playing with Hannah (our babysitter), sledding, playing with Nora (his friend)
eat:
Big C - Dino's Belgrade Pizza (local pizza place), Sarah's carbonara
S - any italian, especially Neighbors (local italian)
A - enchaladas and tacos made by mom
I - Pizza, noodles, and enchaladas and olives
Little C - tacos, enchaladas (enchaladas were in the oven as we were taking this survey.....)
wear:
Big C - Jeans, light hiking pants/convert to shorts, new winter coat and boots
S - my new boots and leggings!! Love them...paired with some sweaters. Fuzzy socks
A - boots, sequined shirts
I - New shoes, ninja turtle sweatshirt, ninja turtle shirt, Ninja Turtle costume
Little C - costumes, new superman sweatshirt
read:
Big C - Bible, weekly newspaper ads
S - I have been reading the life of Moses this year in my bible study....finished Exodus and on to Leviticus. It has been interesting. Never would have thought I would have read Leviticus (and like it!)
A - Laura Ingalls Wilder books, Pony Crazed princess, A to Z mysteries
I - Indian in the Cupboard, Laura Ingalls, Wizard of Oz, my "I can read" books from school
Little C - Goodnight, Goodnight Construction site
watch:
Big C - football, baseball, movies with Sarah
S- Parenthood, the new Hobbit movie series
A - Birds in the spring coming to our feeder, balloons rising up into the sky
I - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Little C- Mickey Mouse
listen to:
Big C - Folk Christian music genre
S - Crunching of snow under my feet in the woods, silence (because it doesn't seem to happen very often around here lately)
A - my CD player (toy one)
I - Shot through the heart (Bon Jovi) and Classical music
Little C - Apple Tree farm book on CD
Things I loved about this year:
Big C - taking the kids camping for the first time, swimming at my parents lake, working on projects at church, men's bible study,
S - My brothers wedding, going to Las Vegas with my dad, spending a week at Craig's parents and my parents house, Duluth, Midnight Girls Club
A - Visiting Grandpa and Grandma, Papa and Nana and my cousins, mud run
I - Visiting Grandpa and Grandmas and Papa and Nana, going to the zoo
Little C - visiting my friend Nora, learning about baby Jesus,
Things I am thankful for:
Big C - My salvation, my family, church family, home, health, free wood pile (that needs chopping)
S - Being able to share my testimony with a friend (and others)....growing experience for me, our family, reaching our savings goal with a generous gift at Christmas, kids school and teachers, our church family
A - family, Anners (our cat) and my hermit crab Climber
I - Mom and Dad, Brother and Sister and cat and friends: Silas, Rickey and Caleb and Evan and Solon
Little C - Nora, Mommy, Daddy, Andie and Isaac
Things I want to do next year:
Big C - Camping trip, go on some more dates with my wife since she is the one typing this,
S - Head to the beach (in February) and the mountains (in Summer) with the kids!! They have not been to either so I cannot wait to experience both the ocean and the mountains with them for the first time for them!!
A - Ride a horse, Climb a new tree, find a sea star
I - Go to the beach, play hockey
Little C - Swim,
New things do I want to do/try:
Big C - Catch fish other than panfish (bluegill/sunfish), ice skate
S- Eat a little more "clean" (replace a few items in our diet and add some fruits and veggies), Run a half marathon,
A- Going to summer camp, horseback riding, swimming in the ocean,
I-
Little C-
Is there someone in Mankato named Solon, if so we must meet him?! That is so sweet! I love to read these quizzes and your Christmas note. You were a mama that really grew me and I am thankful we can stay connected via technology!!!! And you will rock that 1/2!!!!
ReplyDeleteNo Solon here....the first 3 were friends here but he still is very thankful for his Ankeny friends (hence the shoutout to Evan and Solon). I thought it was super sweet when he mentioned those two :). Well, they were the 3 amigos for awhile!
Deletelove reading these. totally should steal the idea but i probably wouldn't get to it. great job momma. miss you guys!
ReplyDelete