Saturday, May 16, 2015

Horse crazy

We have an 8 year old girl in the house.....automatic horse craziness ensues at this age I think.  She has been really into horses this year....checking out books, playing with her toy horses, pretending she is a horse.  She has a scary good whinny.  Like so good I sometimes have to look and see that it is actually coming from her.   For her birthday we wanted to keep it simple but do something she would really like.  A girl in our church's youth group has horses out at her farm and found out Andie was really into horses.   She offered to take Andie and a friend out riding one day.

Ummmm....yes please.  We picked a Saturday that worked for everyone.  Had a little lunch and a little cake and a whole lot of horse time.  Here are some of my favorites from the day.  Now mind you I have not been on a horse since I was about 12 and this was the first time Andie, her friend, Isaac and Caleb had ever been on a horse really (except for a pony ride here or there).  It took a little bit to get used to being up in the saddle but then we spent the better part of an hour and a half riding.












The girl with the horses has even offered to give Andie and Isaac lessons....so you can see what we will be doing a little bit of this summer.  Excited that we could get this horse crazy girl on a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment