Isaac's kindergarten class is ever busy. I love keeping up with her blog. Here are some of my favorite pictures from her blog: (pink writing is hers)
When we found out the three little pigs' cousin was coming to live near them, we had to design, plan, build, and test our houses. It was a fun afternoon of building.
Isaac and his buddy Caleb are hard at work designing a home for the little pigs. Love seeing these pictures of their little minds at work on this "problem".
Next up: a favorite around here....Oobleck! They had to try to design something to hold the oobleck in.
And a field trip to our brand new Children's museum. Oh how I love this place. We bought a pass and have already been a handful of times. I loved going with Isaac's class on a field trip because we were able to work on programming robots.
Here I am am with Isaac and a friend of his. All three of us could have programmed robots all day. It was so fun and also really concrete in how they did it. We had a lot of fun getting the robot to move forward, backward, spin, shake, light red bulbs, then green bulbs, etc. Another class was coming or I would not have left this area.....
But of course we had to explore the Tree of Forts. Think Swiss Family Robinson without the water surrounding it. It is awesome....lots of different tunnels and nets, perches, etc. I get a little claustrophobic when in a net like this but they have landings and perches for you to take a break on. Isaac didn't stop playing in this for almost the rest of the field trip.
I, on the other hand, checked out the rock quarry.....
Oh and of course we have to get a few pictures of them with the classroom animals they have been observing: chicks from eggs and butterflies from caterpillars.
9 days left of school around here. I cannot believe Isaac will be done with his kindergarten year! He had a really good year of school, with lots of fun and educational activities. This time of the year, though, we all start getting ready for summer break.

You need to look into snap circuits and the snap circuit RC Rover. ️Solon got it as a Christmas gift from my parents and you can snap different pieces together to make a robotic rover. Highly recommend the toy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! We are always on the lookout for toys that he can build with! Hadn't heard of that one...it will definitely be on the Christmas list next year :)
Delete