Thursday, April 11, 2013

Don't put your boots away.....

March....in like a lion (lamb), out like a lamb (or lion)

April showers bring May flowers.

Have you noticed there are a LOT of sayings that go along with Spring?  I think Spring is the most anticipated season....I know it is around here.  We do love things about winter but we sure are ready to be outside when spring rolls around.  This is probably true of a lot of people....and probably why there are so many sayings that go with the months around the Spring season....it's all the anticipation....the "we are almost there so even if it is a little bit like a lion right now....it will be a lamb soon."  The "it has to rain in April so May will be especially pretty" kind of pep talks that we give ourselves. 

But after moving out of the state of Minnesota after high school and spending my years in "balmier" climates such as Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa....I had forgotten a very wise saying from my youth which I was quickly reminded of this morning as I looked out our windows and that is:

"Don't put your boots away until the middle of May"

Wiser and truer words could not be spoken about winter in Minnesota.  So what do April SNOW showers bring?  Still May flowers???  I know they have already brought me some extra work on my patience and character building as I long for spring.  

But while I long for spring and sunshine, I can ENJOY a good snowfall when I see one....
 Good shot of the 6 inches of snow covering our trees and driveway.  Even though I really did not want to the like the snow today....I had to admit it was pretty and fun....the really sticky kind of snow that makes great snowmen.



Yes Caleb...we just picnicked on that table a few days ago....no picnic today!



Caleb LOVES riding in the bike trailer.  He doesn't quite understand why we can't go biking today.




Perfect snow for making a snowman!!





Isaac just bought squirt guns with his birthday money.....No time like the present to play with them I guess!!



And a little moonsand time indoors. 
 
 

So we will be keeping our boots out for another month here....but hoping they will be used for more rain puddles in the future weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment