Andie - I can't believe you are SIX!! Such a big girl and so many changes have taken place this past year in your life.
1. We moved. Yes..I talk about it all the time and but it was a HUGE change for us...just moving 3 hours north. Andie you are a lot like me. You like the routine of life. The familiarity of things. This move was challenging for both of us but I can see you embracing the change and the excitement you get when we explore our new area. This move has been really good for you (and me) because I think it has taught us a little more about being adaptable.
2. Big Kindergartner. And you are doing awesome. This has been the first time you have been away from home....we didn't even do preschool out of the home. We both struggled with you being gone from 8 to 3 every day in the beginning but now we both are used to the schedule and you love school. Most days you are skipping to school.
3. Big steps in FAITH. We have talked about Jesus being your Lord and Savior this year quite a bit and you seem to really "get it"....it is neat to watch the Lord working on your heart and your child-like faith inspires ME to love the Lord more completely, with reckless abandon. You have become a little evangelist it seems...asking friends to Awanas and asking friends if they know Jesus and read their bibles at home. I don't do this like you do and it leaves me asking the question...what am I afraid of...my 6 year old does it all the time!
4. Two-wheeling it! Family bike rides are fun now that we can move a little quicker. AND I love taking our Saturday or Sunday afternoon girl time bike rides while the boys nap.
5. Reading, reading and more reading. You can't seem to get enough this year. You are reading so well and love to read and be read to. Latest comment..."mommy....I just can't wait to open books and read the stories" I feel the same way. It has been fun hearing you read and also, reading to you a little bit more challenging books....ones that entertain me as well.
So for you birthday we celebrated with a cinnamon roll breakfast in the shape of and "A" (Craig is the creative one when it comes to breakfast so this was all him)
The unwrapping of a few presents from Grandpa and Grandma:
AMERICAN DOLL GIFT CARD. Sooo excited for our girl's day coming up in May when we go pick out her doll. She has been saving for 5 months and has enough with Birthday money and all her savings to get a doll. This gift card will go toward an outfit.
Caleb modeling the super cute swim suit Andie got for her birthday.
And because we now live in the same town that Craig works....he was able to pick you up from school and take you out to a fancy restaurant for the lunch (Taco Johns).
Later the boys and I brought cupcakes to your class and read two of your favorite books: Do Princesses wear Hiking Boots? and Big, Mean Mike.
Happy Birthday to you Andie. The years seem to be flying by but I am enjoying the girl you growing into.
No comments:
Post a Comment