Monday, April 29, 2013

Shoes optional


AHHHHHH!!



Can't you just  hear the collective rejoicing going on all over the Midwest right now....Spring is here!!  (finally!)  We have been outside constantly these past few days....no where near any computers and that has been just fine by all of us!! My kids literally come in to sleep and use the bathroom (and sometimes not even then will they come in....if you come over to my house...don't explore behind the shed...that's all I'm saying).  We have slept better, eaten ravenously and soaked in the sun as much as possible these past 4 days!

I love these shoes optional, laid back beautiful days.  Initially I wanted to get out and explore some woods and parks but we mainly hung out around the house, cleaned out and organized our garage (we just moved it all in after Thanksgiving and never felt like organizing it in the cold), had some new friends over for dinner/cookout, biked, scooted, dug, swung, sunned, t-balled, frisbeed, had "van time" (basically parking our van in the driveway and the kids play in it) and picnicked.  We were up early and to bed late.  One of our new neighbors commented "wow...you guys are up and out with the sun"  Don't know if this was a positive or negative comment but it sure describes us.  Andie asked me at 7:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday...."can I go play outside"  YES!!  Please do!!

Good picture of what "van time" looks like.  I have no idea why this is fun but they love it!




Isaac on his makeshift runner bike.  He has watched his big sis two wheeling it and wants to do it.  I did NOT want to spend 100 on a runner bike to help him learn how to balance so we took one of our 12 inch bikes, took off the pedals and the training wheels and lowered the seat all the way down.  Ta-DAH....we have a runner bike.  He loves this thing....I think he will be two wheeling in the next month...these runner bike things are awesome at teaching kids how to balance.  (And yes...he usually wears a helmet....of course I didn't take a picture of him wearing it!)



 


Boys can't get enough of the T-ball and being pitched to.  Isaac is a lefty so Craig keeps joking that he's training him so he can be our retirement.  Maybe he is half-joking.  They sure love it though!






Where we have been eating most of our meals.  My house is CLEAN!!

 

And the boys and I did explore some woods conveniently located next to MSU so Craig could come over and picnic with us....





What have you been up to now that it is FINALLY spring?



No comments:

Post a Comment